Bio of Author
This blog was created to find a more engaging way to cultivate funding and connect with stakeholders. Relationships are everything, transparency is key, and nonprofits and schools must find a way to engage their supporters, community, and populations they serve.
Here are the nuts and bolts of my experience: I have 16 years of management and fundraising experience in nonprofit and education. As a professional fundraiser I have raised close to $40 Million Dollars, given over 300 professional presentations, managed more than 200 employees, and authored curriculum for numerous education programs. I hold a Bachelor’s Arts in Psychology from Westminster College and a Master’s of Science in Family and Child Development from the University of Central Oklahoma. I also hold graduate certificates in Advanced Leadership Studies from Clemson University and Public Health from the University of North Carolina.
I frequently guest lecture for nonprofit administration and teacher education graduate programs (my favorite thing to do). I also enjoy speaking to business and service groups about the importance of corporate philanthropy and how partnering with nonprofits and schools can play an important role with employee satisfaction and influencing consumer choice.
Currently I am the Executive Director of the Martinez Foundation, founded by Holli and Edgar Martinez in 2008, which strives for equity and excellence in education. The Martinez Foundation supports teachers of color in the state of Washington through graduate level scholarships, personalized mentoring, access to resources, and professional development.
“If you believe business is built on relationships, then make building relationships your business.” -Scott Stratten
- Images: Amazon.com wants to build a massive biosphere in Seattle (perfect for workers and mature trees): geekwire.com/2013/images-am… - 21 hours ago
- RT @ChangeMySchool: Another inspiring and #motivational meeting with @IanMAdair this morning. He's doing incredible work for schools in WA … - 21 hours ago
- RT @MartinezFellows: Building a community to close the education achievement gap ow.ly/lgkaR (via @SeattleTimes) - 21 hours ago
- Hit a Home Run for Education! Join @MartinezFellows at Safeco Field June 6th to watch the Mariners vs NY Yankees! ow.ly/lfFPI - 21 hours ago
- Great article "Paradox of #Minority #Teacher #Recruitment stemwire.org/2013/05/22/the… …" by @HetaliLodaya cc: @MartinezFellows @HolliMartinez1 - 21 hours ago
Great Resources To Check Out!
Ian on Movie Mondays: Retaining Millennial Donors
Ian on Movie Mondays: Increasing Operating Revenue